Who We Are
Welcome to the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati
The Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati (ICGC) in West Chester, Ohio is more than a place of worship. Since our opening November 9, 1995 we have come to be known as an organization built on strong interfaith relations, cross-cultural understanding, and service to one and all. Greater Cincinnati Muslims of all ethnicities and backgrounds gather here to pray, socialize and learn. The larger community turns to us as a trusted source of accurate information on Islam and Muslims. Our doors are open to our friends and neighbors and many have returned several times.
The current ICGC property in West Chester was purchased in 1988. There were a number of community leaders spearheading the building of the Center who worked with Ahmad Samawi, founder of Mid-American Development Company. Not only did Mr. Samawi offer the services of his development company, he also made a significant financial commitment to build the Center.
The community came together and turned a long-held dream into a beautiful reality when the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati opened in 1995.
Founder of the Campus
In Memoriam Of Ahmad Samawi (1933-1998)
ICGC Campus Overview
Mission & Vision
The Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati (ICGC) is the Spiritual Oasis for Muslim Americans, Living Islam through Worship, Education, Service, Leadership, and Outreach.
Uplifting Lives as a Model Muslim American Community.
Meet Our Executive Director
Meet Our Imam
Sheikh Hossam Musa
He has been the imam for Ramadan’s nightly prayers (tarawih) since 1993 at various mosques throughout Metro Detroit and Windsor including the Tawheed Center in Farmington Hills, MI; Masjid Tawheed in Detroit, MI; Masjid Al Fatiha in Detroit, MI; the Muslim Unity Center in Bloomfield Hills, MI; the American Muslim Center in Dearborn, MI; Noor Islamic Cultural Center in Columbus, OH; and the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati in West Chester, OH.
Meet Our Hifz Program Teacher
Shaykh Mahmoud Khalil
Allah SWT blessed Shaykh Mahmoud with completion of the memorization of the Holy Quran at the young age of 14. Shaykh Mahmoud graduated from the Grand Al-Azhar University College of education. He began teaching the Holy Quran since 2007 and participated in several Holy Quran competitions and earned first place in many of them!
Meet our Youth Senior Director
Isa received his B.A. from Wright State University in 2004 in Political Science & Economics. Since then, he has been working with youth from Pre-K through College in various capacities within the Dayton and Cincinnati communities. Over the past 20 years, he has worked as a program director, administrator, teacher and coach for several non-profit organizations.
At every level of his career, Isa has focused on implementing hands-on experiences, coupled with education and proven processes in order to facilitate the development of well rounded programs. For this reason he has continued his professional development with courses like the Payor Management and the ADVANCE Leadership certification.
Meet our Social Services Manager
Samira joined the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati in 2015 as Program Manager for Rahma Community Services. Her role has since evolved and she currently serves as Social Services Manager for ICGC Social Services. Samira supports a team of 5 staff members in her current position. In addition to overseeing operations, she is also involved with strategic planning, program development, reporting, budgeting, grants, and marketing as well as external collaborations and partnerships.
Meet Our Accounting & HR Manager
Faiza Abid is the Finance & Human Resources Manager at ICGC. Originally hailing from Lahore Pakistan, she is settled in Mason, OH since 2013 where she lives with her husband Dr. Abid Yaqub and 3 children, Shameel, Ayra and Shazeb.
Meet Our Staff
- Henry Hane (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Executive Director
- Sheikh Hossam Musa (email@example.com) – Imam
- Sheikh Mahmoud (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Hifdh Program
- Ali Sabry Salahudeen (email@example.com) – Adhan and Facilities
- Nadia Hidaytullah (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Administrative Assistant
- Noor Mustafa (email@example.com) – Administrative Assistant
- Huma Khan (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Faiza Abid (email@example.com) – Accounting and Human Resources Manager
- Samira Jaweed (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Social Services Operations Manager
- Mary Joan Reutter (email@example.com) – Social Services Education Program Coordinator
- Taylor Kraft (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Food Pantry Helper
- Leanna Allouch (email@example.com) – Employment & Career Coach
- Jackie Othman (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Food Pantry Coordinator
- Fadil (email@example.com) – Bills Assistance
- Luna Sakkal (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Islamic Weekend School Principal
- Firdos Ruhi – Firdos Ruhi (email@example.com) – Islamic Weekend School Clerk
- Isa Ar Raazi (firstname.lastname@example.org) –Senior Youth Director
- Sadia Malik (email@example.com)– Youth Director
- Sabeen Sajjad (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Islamic Weekend Clerk and Activities Coordinator
- Racine Diallo (email@example.com) – Security Officer
- 55+ Islamic Weekend school teachers and staff
- 30+ Qur’an Connections teachers
Education Team Leaders
- Adult Education – Iyad Muslet (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Khutbah Coordination – Ashraf Traboulsi (email@example.com)
- New Muslims – Shahid Malik and Nasreen Fathima (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quran Connections – Nehad Omara, Mona Ahmed and Hoda Elgamal (email@example.com)
- Tours & Talks – Shabana Shakir-Ahmed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Karate – Abbud Abdal-Sami
- Ladies’ Kickboxing –
- Ladies’ Strength Training – Khaula Sawah
- Ladies’ Zumba –
- Ladies’ Badminton Nadia Nazim & Hudaibiya Sheikh
- Men’s Basketball – Munam Syed (email@example.com)
- Youth Basketball –Nadeem Qureshi, Munam Syed, Ahmad Saleh
- Alzahrawat – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Muslim Girls Teen Club – Youth (email@example.com)
- Cincinnati Muslim Professionals (CMP) –Mariam Elghafy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ansar – Junaid Malik
- Communications – Ayesha Rasool (email@example.com)
- Information Technology – Shahzafar Khaja (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Events – Hafizah Docraat, Nida Awad, Nebal, Maria Munir, Hina Asgher, Khawla Alsabbagh, Fatima Almaery
- Technology – Ahmed Sheikh (email@example.com)
- Volunteer Coordination –Asma Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Family Connections –
- Welcome Committee– Zeinab Schwen
- Audio/Visual – Jani Syed (email@example.com)
- Key Idea Advisory – Maram Khabbaz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Outreach – Samina Sohail (email@example.com) & Shakila Ahmad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Transportation – Nooraddin Bakri (email@example.com)
- Funerals – Asif Gulame & Hafiza Docraat
- ICGC Feeding – Shazadi Khawaja (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ICGC Drives – Nema Hussein (email@example.com)
- Health & Wellness – Majdulynn Hussein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Campus Upkeep – Syed Ali Farrukh
- Business – Hossam Elsayed
- Safety – Hosam Mawas (email@example.com)
- Community Engagement – Hasan Idrees
- Youth Library – Eman Elsahed